Permian Basin Writers' Workshop
2019 Event General Information
2019 Event Overview & Details
The Permian Basin Writers Workshop gives aspiring writers a better understanding of the craft of fiction and nonfiction, preparing them for the fast-changing world of publishing and promotion, while creating opportunities for meaningful networking and support.
Our intimate atmosphere and speaker/agent access will allow contact with a wealth of talent on both sides of the classroom.
Tips and Information
- A continental breakfast, lunch and snack will be provided for registrants both days. There will be a Meet & Greet at the Doubletree downtown on Saturday evening.
- Saturday – a full day workshop by a Nationally recognized teacher of craft and/or marketing.
- Sunday – is a full day in workshop format, with each being and hour and fifteen minutes. Registrants will also have the opportunity to pitch to an agent if they desire. If you wish to pitch to a second agent, that may be purchased for $35 when you register.
- Dress as you like, but if you have an agent pitch session, we recommend business casual. But whatever you decide, wear comfortable shoes!
- We try to control the temps in the rooms, but they can tend to be cool. You may want to bring a sweater.
- The Bookies want to foster a healthy writing community in the Permian Basin. This is an opportunity to network with other writers—don’t waste it! Introduce yourself, ask what they write. You could meet a new critique partner and friend!
- Bring business cards.
- Bring a notebook to take notes; we’re planning an event to overwhelm your brain!
- There will be a bookstore onsite. Barnes & Noble will be selling writing craft books, and we’ll be selling the workshop instructor’s books as well.
- Each workshop will have a short survey online. We encourage you to complete them for each session you attend: we need your feedback to improve for next year.
- Here is our sexual harassment policy.