Permian Basin Writers' Workshop
In only our fifth year, Permian Basin Bookies enjoys hosting this annual event for writers just like you. Here are a few attendees offering their thoughts about past events:
SEXUAL HARASSMENT POLICY
The Permian Basin Bookies seek to provide a conference environment in which all participants and speakers feel safe and are treated with respect. In order to create that environment, harassment of any kind is prohibited.
Definition of Harassment
- offensive comments related to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, or religion;
- deliberate intimidation, stalking, inappropriate photography or recording;
- sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- public broadcasting of others’ private or sensitive information without explicit consent;
- inappropriate physical contact;
- and unwelcome sexual attention.
Personal disagreements and differences of opinion, even if strongly worded, are not harassment.
Consequences of Harassing Behavior
Participants and speakers are asked to stop harassment are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant or speaker engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate and necessary to safeguard the safety of attendees, including warning the offender or expelling the offender from the conference with no refund, and may be, at the Organizers’ discretion, barred from future conferences.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the harassment hotline. If you are in danger, please contact hotel security or local law enforcement immediately.