Kat joined Donald Maass Literary Agency in 2019 after working previously at Corvisiero Literary Agency. She graduated from Florida State University with a Bachelors in English in 2009 and is drawn to literary and commercial voices within the adult and YA markets, as well as adult nonfiction. Kat feels strongly about supporting programs like We Need Diverse Books and is passionate about creating space in this industry for those from historically marginalized communities.
She loves books that make her think and have a strong emotional pull.
- Adult Contemporary
- Women’s Fiction
- Adult & YA Multicultural Lit
- Adult Historical works featuring family sagas. Think Amy Tan’s Joy Luck Club or Walter Dean Myers’ The Glory Field.
- YA Contemporary that isn’t afraid to tackle the hard topics. Books in a similar vein as Adam Silvera’s More Happy Than Not, Stephen Chbosky’s The Perks of Being a Wallflower, or Laurie Halse Anderson’s Speak.
- Science Fiction, specifically space operas or something dark and twisty similar to an episode of Black Mirror
- Low, epic fantasies and dark urban fantasies where the worldbuilding reflects a non-Europe based setting
- Quirky and fun Women’s Fiction and Rom-Coms like Bridget Jones’ Diary by Helen Fielding
- YA-all genres